Associate Contract Manager I
1 DNA Way, SSF01 south san francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Associate Contract Manager I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Associate Contract Manager I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Participates in, or otherwise supports, development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of Contract Operations SOPs, systems, processes, data, reporting templates and the like. As assigned by project leads, may participate in and/or otherwise support other special projects
- As assigned, may perform some or all of the following:
- Enters contract information into departmental systems and databases
- Performs contract set-up and maintenance. Includes and assigning customers to appropriate contract groupings and class of trade (membership and affiliations), coordinating and managing contract term reviews
- Uses relevant contract terms, conditions and other regulations, policies, etc. as well as appropriate systems and tools to evaluate, calculate, validate and process customer payment. Prepares, obtains approval for and ultimately publishes departmental scorecard reports, customer business review reports, various compliance and other ad hoc reports
- Performs ongoing membership and affiliate maintenance. May include updating membership/affiliation on an exception basis in accordance with business rules
- Responds to questions/inquiries; may include policies, pricing, payment calculations, contract performance, compliance, etc.
- Interacts with contract customers to share and request information related to contract terms, contract data files, etc.
- Helps successfully resolve issues related to contract membership, affiliation and/or customer payments
- Supports internal and external audits
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Sponsor activities
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s Degree (general business or finance disciplines are preferred)
- 1 or more years’ previous contract operations experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology or related industry is preferred
- Demonstrable knowledge of, or aptitude to learn, current policies and guidelines that affect contracts, pricing, rebates etc. in the managed care environment, including government contracts
- Demonstrable knowledge of, or aptitude to learn, systems and reporting mechanisms that support contract operations particular to the pharmaceutical/biotechnology or related industry
- Must demonstrate a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Previous experience in other functions within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related industry is a plus, e.g., product marketing, managed care marketing, field sales, field account management, market planning, strategic planning, market research, market or sales analytics, customer finance, legal, customer service & operations, etc.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding objectives and goals
- Some previous work experience in contract operations or financial analysis