Assistant Shift Supervisor
6801 Longe St Stockton, CA 95206
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Assistant Shift Supervisor to be part of our Client’ s team in Stockton.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Assistant Shift Supervisor
Summary of Responsibilities
- The Assistant Shift Supervisor assists the Shift Supervisors manage their respective shifts.
- Releases work orders from Programming and the Shift Supervisor to the shop floor for production.
- Communicates and coordinates with the Shift Supervisor and Customer Account Managers regarding production issues that may affect work order quality and or on-time delivery.
- Assists department leads and managers to meet goals and objectives through motivation, guidance and perseverance.
- Assists as needed with hands-on expediting key priorities through manufacturing.
- Schedules and directs meetings with shop personnel on a variety of training, production, and performance related issues.
- Develops, maintains, and communicates a list of daily priorities for production supervisors/department managers and leads.
- Makes suggestions for improving manufacturing procedures and involved in their design and implementation.
- Provides dispatch reports to department leads and supervisors, so that they may effectively schedule their department personnel.
- Assists department leads and managers to meet goals and objectives through motivation and guidance.
- Review and close out of all work orders, checking for part shortages and possible future work order changes.
- Develops modification and rework orders.
- Communicates the urgency of customer requirements to manufacturing.
- Authorizes and approves expenditures in accordance with the company’ s Expenditure Approval Policy.
- Interacts with all functional groups within the organization and with all levels of employees as well as suppliers and outside service providers.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies as it relates to production and
- Develops, modifies, and executes manufacturing processes that are critical to maintaining complete customer satisfaction.
- Primary direction and supervision provided by the Shift Supervisors and the Director of Metals Manufacturing.
- May take direction from other executive staff members in other functional groups
- Working knowledge of ERP system.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees.
- Maintains a professional, with employees, vendors and customers.
- Working knowledge of fabrication equipment and precision sheet metal measuring tools (Calipers, Pin Gauges, Micrometers, height gauges, etc.)
- Strong blueprint reading and fabrication methods’ skills.
- Working knowledge of computers and familiarity with creating documents using software programs including the creation of spreadsheets.
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of or gain the acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
- Requires problem assessment and solution skills.
- The hiring authority may review the applicant’ s physical ability based on the specific tasks to be assigned:
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects