Assistant Scientific Researcher
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Assistant Scientific Researcher to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Assistant Scientific Researcher:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support the in vivo pharmacology group.
- Responsibilities will include basic animal care tasks, shaving and tagging animals using sterile in vivo techniques, assist with tissue/blood collection, assist SR/SSRs during cell inoculation or data collection procedures (moving cages, filling syringes etc.) and respond independently to health alerts when needed.
- Additional responsibilities for this position focus on general laboratory maintenance duties such as stocking labs, maintaining lab cleanliness, ensuring animal welfare is properly maintained, and working with biohazardous and chemical materials.
- An excellent work ethics, reliability, strong teamwork and communication are critical attributes.
- Training for assigned duties will be provided.
Summary of Qualifications:
- 1-2 years relevant industry work experience or animal tech certification.
- Proficient in basic rodent in vivo handling, shaving, ear tagging, sterile techniques.
- Capable of sample collection techniques (blood/tissues).
- Able to communicate, be flexible, and eager to learn.
- Strong work ethics.
- Able to work independently or in a team setting.
- Must be able to follow procedural instructions.
- Comfortable with computers (example, emails, gCal, gDocs) and/or capable of learning necessary computer skills.
- Must be able to manage own time so that all tasks for the day are completed within their specified shift.
- Must be willing to work with potentially hazardous materials, be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and be capable of standing, lifting, bending, etc.