Assistant Executive, COO
1555 Adams Drive Menlo Park, CA 94025
Assistant Executive, COO
Menlo Park, CA
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Chief Operations Officer and will provide administrative support to the Operations, Quality, IT and Facilities organizations as needed.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide complex, diverse and confidential administrative duties for executives.
- Provide general departmental support.
- Make administrative decisions, handle correspondence, schedule calendar appointments.
- Collect and prepare information for use in discussions and meetings of Executive staff and outside individuals as well as department team.
- Coordinate, create, edit and assemble slides for presentations and assists with collecting and effectively presenting executive-level information.
- Arrange department and group meetings ensuring all necessary information and support is available.
- Helps track department level projects, activities and results.
- Coordinate and make travel arrangements.
- Independently and proactively provides support and anticipates the needs of the executive. Manages the calendar proactively to make effective and efficient use of the executives’ and department’ s time and resources.
- Capable of working with discretion and tact in an environment exposed to a high level of sensitive and confidential information. Keeps confidential information confidential, sharing only with approval and on an absolute need-to-know basis. Maintains executive confidence and protects organization and executive by demonstrating a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Acts with sense of urgency and understands need for responsiveness after hours and some weekends, as needed (e.g., during executive travel, periods of activity/sensitive business commitments, etc.).
- Retrieve, sort, and file all essential documents.
- Initiate purchase orders, check requests and track payments.
- Ad hoc projects, as assigned, includes event and logistical coordination of Advisory Boards.
- Support visits/assessments by third parties, suppliers and other visitors.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma.
- At least 6+ years supporting a C-Suite position
- College degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
- Individual must be a team player with excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented with well-developed organizational and analytical skills.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal skills, work effectively on teams, and maintain composure in stressful situations and under tight deadlines.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITES AND REQUIREMENTS, VISUAL ACUITY, AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical Activity - Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling. Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Physical Requirements - Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are
sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Visual Acuity - The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Working Conditions - The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).