2701 Orchard Pkwy San Jose, CA 95134
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Assembly Lead to be part of our Client’ s team in north San Jose. This is an opportunity to work with a large manufacturing company with an on-going effort to use progressive practices, including manufacturing “ cells” and demand-flow technology.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
- Ensure every part / assembly meets or exceeds customer requirements and customer due dates are satisfied
- Develop progressive processes and procedures to ensure the Mechanical Assembly department is on the leading edge of available technologies
- Implement and manage use of new and existing assembly and test fixtures.
- Collect assembly data to establish accurate run times to manage personnel
- Work with customers to help them achieve the most efficient part designs and new product development
- Coordinate manufacturing schedule with other supervisory personnel.
- Evaluate department personnel
- Mediate and resolve personnel and or shift issues
- Face to face customer interaction
- Able to work independently
- Read and understand blueprints and schematics
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic
- Five years of precision sheet metal mechanical / electro-mechanical or very closely related assembly experience is required
- Three years of lead or Lead experience, of teams with 10 or more employee is required
- Minimum of three year experience interacting with customers on a variety of assembly, engineering and material issues
Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to multitask successfully while under pressure.
- Must have a basic understanding of all precision sheet metal processes
- Determine operator skill level and distribute work accordingly
- Read, understand and teach advanced blueprint reading skills
- Ability to compose and maintain computer generated spread sheets
- Must have substantial familiarity with Mechanical & E/M drawings and or schematics as necessary to direct the work of others and to interact with customer engineering staff
- Understanding of and familiarity with Six Sigma, “ Lean”, Kaizen and/ or similar improvement techniques