1555 Adams Drive Menlo Park, CA 94025
Medical Device Assembler II
Menlo Park, CA
PURPOSE OF JOB: Responsible for assembling high quality medical devices while minimizing scrap.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assemble components into medical devices in accordance with approved manufacturing procedures.
- Perform in-process quality checks on sub-assemblies and finished product.
- Some visual inspections will require near-field corrected vision requirements as defined below
- Utilize small hand tools, calibrated instruments, measurement equipment, microscopes, test fixtures or other process equipment.
- Participate in line meetings as needed.
- Work with engineers and technicians to resolve line issues and suggest improvements.
- Maintain clean room integrity by using proper attire and adherence to clean room environment practices and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records/documentation related to quality, work in progress, test results, labor (e.g. timecards), and special projects.
- Adhere to general safety rules, manufacturing procedures, company policies and procedures, QSR, and FDA regulations.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: 1-2 years’ prior assembly experience
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Must have a high level of hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity to work with small plastic and metal components in a high volume manufacturing setting. Ability to read, write, and comprehend English. Ability to utilize basic math skills.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS, VISUAL ACUITY, AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Physical Activity - Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling. Talking:
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Physical Requirements - Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Visual Acuity - The worker is required to have good close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Specifically, for in process visual inspections, the worker must have corrected near vision acuity defined as “ normal” (20/12 – 20/25).
- Proof of visual acuity in the above range, or a visual acuity exam will be required annually.
Working Conditions - The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (similar to typical office or administrative work)