Animal Care Technician
151 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Animal Technician to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with a great Biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of therapies for patients with neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer’ s disease, Parkinson’ s disease, ALS and others.
Our client was founded by scientists, industry experts and investors who share the vision that recent scientific insights into the genetic causes and biological processes underlying neurodegenerative disease, together with new translational medicine tools, offer an unprecedented opportunity to discover and develop effective medicines. They are rigorously pursuing a science-driven approach to translational medicine and clinical development.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Handling rodents.
- Observation and reporting of animal health, cage change outs, assembling clean cages or preparing cage components for disposal/recycling.
- Cleaning vivarium holding rooms and associated storage spaces.
- Keeping inventory and restocking of vivarium supplies, biohazard disposal, record keeping, and general housekeeping.
- Previous work in an animal facility is necessary with at least 2 years of experience.
- Knowledge of disposable caging systems, blood collection, measurements of body weights, and data capturing software is desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs in order to perform routine lifting and loading/unloading of supplies.
- Must also be able to work independently and with little supervision.
- Position may require occasional weekend health checks.
- AALAS certification strongly preferred but not required.