Analytical Development, Sr. Associate/Scientist I
7555 Gateway Boulevard Newark, CA 94560
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Analytical Development, Sr. Associate/Scientist I to be a part of our partner’ s team in the Newark area. This is an opportunity to work within a life-changing biotechnology company poised to change the neuromodulator aesthetic and therapeutic product categories.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Analytical Development, Sr. Associate/Scientist I Job Benefits:
- An opportunity to join a bio-technology company developing and delivering next-generation neuromodulator, daxibotulinumtoxinA, and highly purified botulinum toxin type A.
- Work for a company that likes to dream and think big! They are local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Regularly apply basic theory and principles from one’ s technical expertise to develop, optimize, and transfer analytical assays for product characterization, lot release, and stability testing.
- Coordinate and conduct routine testing support for other groups within Development and Manufacturing Functions.
- Perform routine instrument/equipment maintenance and calibration checks to ensure the proper function and compliant use.
- Provide regular progress updates to manager and present data to internal and external audiences in a succinct and well organized manner.
- Author test methods and development reports.
- Serve as subject matter expert for at least one technical area and train other laboratory personnel on the use and maintenance of equipment.
- Lead technical transfer of assays to and from contract test laboratories or to QC.
- Plan experiments with limited manager oversight and work independently to achieve deliverables with minimal instruction.
- Develop and implement laboratory policies for critical reagents, data management, organizational performance, and continuous improvement.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks and forms consistent with Good Documentation Practices.
- Maintain adequate supplies of laboratory reagents and coordinate biohazard and chemical waste disposal.
- Chemistry or Biological Science degree: bachelors with 8+ years, masters with 6+ years, or doctorate with 2+ years of experience in biopharmaceutical analytical development.
- Solid training in general laboratory practices (e.g., buffer preparation, sample dilution, micro-pipetting).
- Experience in the development and optimization of assays for pharmaceutical characterization.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas, including training and troubleshooting experience: o Chromatography or capillary electrophoresis o Mass spectrometry o Immunochemical assays o Spectroscopy o Cell based assays
- Working knowledge of cGMP practices and ICH guidelines.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with good documentation, record management habits, and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft-based applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)