626 Bancroft Way, Suite D Berkeley, CA 94710 | Contract-to-Hire
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Analytical Chemist to be part of our Client’ s team in the East Bay.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Develop and Qualify new assays such as: HPLC, CE and Spectrophotometric assays to test and characterize proteins and antibodies of interest.
- Perform routine analyses on large numbers of samples: in process materials, finished bulk or product and stability samples.
- Process and analyze impurity assays.
- Testing of samples under GLP/GMP guidelines.
- Provide scientific input and critical thinking into experimental design and execution
- Compile and summarize test data, perform computerized data analysis and submit written reports.
- Write technical development reports and give oral presentations of data at departmental or interdepartmental meetings.
- Participate in assay and process validation studies
- Able to follow written test methods or SOPs to prevent deviations.
- Write or revise SOPs and Test Methods for new procedures and assays; review and edit existing SOPs to reflect changes in procedures.
- Perform analytical instrument maintenance and trouble-shooting.
- Responsible for performing GLP study, conduct activities in adherence to established GLP procedures and applicable regulations.
- Maintain and ensure GLP/cGMP compliance
- May assist in transfer of assays to and from other groups.
- 10+ years of experience in an analytical chemistry lab including GMP analytical testing.
- Able to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- Experience with Agilent or Waters systems strongly preferred
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and good record-keeping skills.
- Effective communication skills and Details oriented.
- High initiative and self-driven.