Administrative Assistant (Legal)
781 Lincoln Avenue San Rafael, CA 94949
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Administrative Assistant (Legal) to be part of our client’ s team in San Rafael. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Administrative Assistant (Legal)
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Input information quickly and accurately into legal system databases.
- Timely complete final stage of contract process, including reviewing financial approvals tied to contracts, obtaining internal and external contract signatures, closing out workspaces in the Legal contract management system, and properly filing executed contracts in the contract repository system.
- Organize and maintain Legal Department contracts and files (both electronic and paper).
- Organize and schedule department meetings and events, send out invitations, order meals, and make other arrangements as necessary.
- Draft and distribute correspondence using email, fax, and FedEx.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Handle internal and external requests and queries in a professional manner.
- Provide backup for other Administrative Assistants when they are on meal breaks or not working.
- Assist with attorney or Legal department administrative tasks including drafting, revising, finalizing documents including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience providing administrative and clerical support.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Strong computer skills in database management and documentation preparation (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail required.
- Must be able to handle and prioritize a heavy workload.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, yet be a team player willing to volunteer for tasks when needed for the betterment of the team.
- Must be regularly available between the hours of 8: 30am and 5: 00pm.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Experience within biotech/pharmaceutical industry or other contract-intensive fields a plus.
- Experience with Ariba, SpringCM, Livelink or other contracts and records management systems a plus.
- Experience in paralegal services, contracts administration, or other relevant legal experience is a plus.