275 Shoreline Drive, suite 100
Job Number: 15243
Accounts Payable Clerk
Redwood City, CA
Responsible for daily operations of the accounts payable function ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and integrity of financial data.
The Accounts Payable Clerk assists in setting and maintaining accounts payable and accounting policies, and execution and creation of new processes to support efficiencies. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, self-motivated, team player with a strong working knowledge of system processes, internal controls, US GAAP and maintains a high level of integrity. The candidate should be comfortable working collaboratively in teams and independently and excels when faced with new challenges and problems to solve.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Verify the accuracy of invoices and purchase orders for payments.
- Route invoices for approval.
- Upload and enter invoices into system.
- Upload credit card receipts, track expenses and process expense reports.
- Prepare and submit electronic transfers and payments for approval.
- Prepare payment reports.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits and year end financials.
- Maintain accurate historical records.
- Reconcile vendor statements as needed.
- Perform ad hoc projects of moderate to complex scope.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of accounting experience, Pharma/Biotech is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software (QuickBooks)
- Expense reports experience
- Excel experience is a plus