275 Shoreline Drive, suite 100
Industry: Accounting/Finance, Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15267
Accountant (part-time approximately 1 day per week)
Redwood City, CA
**Looking for strong experience in: Audit Preparation/Audit Readiness & Equity Calculations experience
Responsible for the proper and timely recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Kartos policies and internal control standards. Responsibilities include analyzing account transactions, preparing complex account reconciliations, resolving reconciling items, and preparing journal entries and reports. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, self-motivated, team player with a strong working knowledge of system processes, internal controls, US GAAP and maintains a high level of integrity. The candidate should be comfortable working collaboratively in teams and independently and excels when faced with new challenges and problems to solve.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain a billing/accrual tracking process for clinical vendors and study sites.
- Provide accounting support to Finance, Clinical Operations, CROs, and vendors on progress of clinical trials.
- Work with Finance to understand contracts, deliverable, and work orders for projects.
- Monitor and manage accruals and prepaid expenses for clinical projects for each period end.
- Prepare journal entries, including supporting documentation.
- Prepare and review account reconciliations with Finance.
- Participate in period end close activities.
- Communicate issues and resolutions to management and affected areas/departments.
- Assist with audit requirements and information requests.
- Perform ad hoc projects of moderate to complex scope.
?- Audit preparation / Audit ready
- Equity calculations experience
- Quick Books and Excel