5945 Optical Court San Jose, CA 95138
Bayside Solutions is seeking an A/P Accountant to be part of our client’ s team in San Jose. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Full cycle accounts payable processing, including three-way match and review for proper approvals, documentation and account coding
- Match receiving transactions for goods and services into the system
- Process check requests
- Respond to all vendor inquiries and resolve issues on a timely basis
- Weekly check runs and wire transfers, ensuring timely payment to vendors and employees
- Prepare monthly journal entries for AP accruals
- Process intercompany invoices and reconcile AP intercompany balance for month end
- Ensure sales/use tax compliance and accrue use tax when needed; support year-end audit
- Prepare and send out 1099s, including collecting W-9s for new vendor set up
- Review purchase requisitions to ensure approval authority level is followed according to Company policy, verify account coding and other documentation
- Responsible for appropriate payment of product and service invoices and expense reports
- Be results-oriented, customer service driven, and possess great integrity
- Respond to all customer inquiries and resolving issues on a timely basis
Summary of Qualifications:
- Minimum 3+ years of full cycle accounts payable experience, preferred 5+ years
- NetSuite experience required
- Experience with account coding & month-end close for Accounts Payable
- Accurate; meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills and follow through
- Ability to communicate professionally with vendors and various internal departments
- Strong problem solving, research and resolution skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, both independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume and changing environment
- Ability to prioritize, accurately execute multiple tasks and adhere to deadlines; work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work as part of a team