User Interaction Designer
Pleasanton, CA | Direct Hire
Role: User Interaction Designer
Market Segment: Nutrition and Healthcare
Location: Silicon Valley
Bayside Solutions is seeking a User Interaction Designer to be part of our client’ s team in Pleasanton CA
A compelling online portfolio of sketches, wireframes, and prototypes, hi-res comps, etc. that clearly expresses your ability to create successful user-centered design solutions must be provided along with a resume.
As our clients User Interaction Designer, you’ ll be involved in every step; collecting insights, free-associating, prototyping, and experimenting all in an effort to launch pixel-perfect designs. You’ ll take on multifaceted tasks and alter them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for millions of customers and small business owners around the world. You’ ll collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders throughout the design process— from crafting user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you’ ll anticipate what our customers need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Gather customer insights and use them to inspire and inform design.
- Research user-generated data to support your decision-making process.
- Help to define the user interface for our e-commerce site, customer site, mobile apps and various interactive products that drive engagement and sales.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and making constructive suggestions for change.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years’ experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role, participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched web, mobile and/or software applications.
- Excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills with cross-functional teams and stakeholders; experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Fluency in user-centered design best practices and trends across web and mobile platforms, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Deep knowledge of design considerations, patterns, standards and best practices across native iOS and/or Android and responsive web. You know how to support multiple size and density screens.
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision
- Preferred: MA/MS degree in Design, HCI, or a related field.