Technical Life Science Recruiter
San Jose, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Technical Life Science Recruiter to be part of our partner’ s team in the San Francisco South Bay Area. This is a great opportunity for entry level candidates to be a part of a next generation sequencing organization.
Our partner’ s culture is very collaborative and offers hands on training. They are part of a large global genomics services organization.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Technical Life Science Recruiter
This is a position for a motivated candidate with extensive hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques, biochemistry of DNA processing enzymes, and reagent handling processes. The position includes development, validation, and/or tech transfer of the company’ s proprietary sequencing chemistry for fast and low cost genome sequencing. The candidate will interact on a daily basis with teams working on different biochemistry, instrument and software development aspects of our technology.
- An opportunity to join a genomics sequencing organization.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- 90% life cycle recruiting 10% HR responsibilities.
- Source and qualify resumes of industry professionals to identify potential candidates
- Conduct in-depth phone interviews to recruit potential candidates in various markets that fit the needs and demands of our clients, both technically and culturally
- Conduct in-person screens and interviews of potential candidates
- Seek to understand the candidate’ s business drivers and motivations for exploring new opportunities.
- Prospecting and negotiating contracts with candidates to use our placement services and building a supply of potential contractors
- Consulting candidates throughout the entire interview process
- Build and maintain on-going relationships with qualified potential candidates in various different markets.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of professional experience with a focus on customer service in a team oriented environment
- MS Office experience, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficient with Taleo or similar database systems preferred
- Quick learner, flexible and adaptable to the changing demands of the business
- Must have the ability to thrive under pressure to meet hard deadlines
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-centric environment
- Exceptional ability to multi-task and possess prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Ability to build and proactively maintain working relationships with a network of technical professionals
- Strong organizational and negotiation skills
- Ability to develop and execute on recruiting strategies
- Strong interpersonal skills to navigate workflow between the recruiting team, candidates and clients.