Systems Engineer II, Sequencing
Santa Clara, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a System Engineer II, Sequencing to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest biotech company and deliver better-targeted therapies.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of America’ s best companies to work for by Forbes.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
System Engineer II, Sequencing
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Works under general supervision, to conduct and monitor laboratory experiments utilizing established and published procedures, and technical and theoretical understanding
- Work with cross-functional teams to determine and document appropriate design requirements
- Contributes to the Risk Management process and documentation under design control procedures
- Makes recommendations to resolve problems encountered during experimental procedures
- Assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of experimental results
- Summarizes experimental results, and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader
- Communicates results of experiments in the form of reports and presentations
- Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas. Performs work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (e.g. OSHA)
- Oversees these aspects of project work to ensure completion within the expected parameters and time frame
- Communicates results to management via written reports and oral presentations
- Work is typically complex and of considerable scope and therefore requires application of technical principles, tools and knowledge gained from previous work experience
- Assesses results for applicability, validity, and conformance to Product Requirements
- Works on a wide range of problems where original contributions are required. Creative, imaginative thinking is required.
- Develops test plans, writes test cases, and implements and executes automated tests to verify the hardware, software and system performance.
- Hands-on with a strong instrument/platform development background, the candidate will be asked to troubleshoot systems, identify opportunities for quality improvements, provide root causes of complex HW-SW interaction problems, and communicate test results and corrective recommendations to the team. He or she will work closely with internal design teams to understand and resolve product performance issues.
- Activities are planned jointly with management to develop objectives, schedules and budgets.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Required Bachelors in Biomedical Systems Engineering or related field
- Required 2-5 years relevant industry experience; MS with 2+ years of experience preferred.
- Experience working on the development of medical devices under design control processes, experimental design, versatile laboratory practice, data analysis, and data and concept presentation.
- Experience in RUO or IVD product design and development is essential.
- Specific experience in Requirements Management and Analysis as well as Design Verification process for biomedical systems is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Risk Analysis methods, Reliability Engineering, Design Transfer activities for product manufacturing is desirable.
- Experience with all phases of technology development is highly desirable.
- Nucleic acid based technology background and next-generation sequencing experience are highly desirable. Other system development experience in complex diagnostic development environments is a plus.
- Knowledge of NGS workflows and data analysis is desirable. Experience with NGS systems development is a plus.