Systems Engineer I, Sequencing
San Jose, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Systems Engineer I to be part of our client’ s team in San Jose. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Systems Engineer I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Works under general supervision, to conduct and monitor laboratory experiments utilizing established and published procedures, and technical and theoretical understanding.
- Hands-on with a strong instrument/platform development background, the candidate will be asked to troubleshoot systems, identify opportunities for quality improvements, provide root causes of complex HW-SW interaction problems, and communicate test results and corrective recommendations to the team.
- Summarizes experimental results, and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader
- Communicates results of experiments in the form of reports and presentations
- Performs work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (e.g. OSHA)
- Assesses results for applicability, validity, and conformance to Product Requirements
- Works independently with general management direction. Work is reviewed in detail over a specific time frame.
- Writes test cases, and implements and executes automated tests to verify the hardware, software and system performance.
- He or she will work closely with external and internal design teams to understand and resolve product performance issues.
- Required B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent experience in engineering, sciences, or related field; preferred MS
- Experience working on development of diagnostic devices under strict IVD design control processes, experimental design, versatile laboratory practice, data analysis, and data and concept presentation.
- Required BS or equivalent with 2-4 years related experience or MS with 1-2 years related experience
- Expertise in medical device design and development is essential.
- Experience in designing and execution of test cases to verify hardware, software and system performance.
- Nucleic acid based diagnostics technology background and next-generation sequencing experience are highly desirable.