System Engineer II
Pleasanton, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a System Engineer II to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest biotech company and deliver better-targeted therapies.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of America’ s best companies to work for by Forbes.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
System Engineer II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Work under general supervision, to conduct and monitor laboratory experiments utilizing established and published procedures, and technical and theoretical understanding.
- Document and Standard Operating Procedure creation, driving review and approval.
- Process Development functions such as process mapping, identification and training for best practices, process tool identification and maintenance.
- Providing expertise and critical analysis for Design Control deliverables such as Risk and Requirements management, verification and validation, and design change control.
- Make recommendations to resolve problems encountered during experimental procedures.
- Perform work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (e.g. OSHA).
- Work under general supervision, receiving general instructions: plan and execute own work.
- Provide technical advice/guidance to junior engineering staff, and serve as a role model.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Required BS, MS or equivalent experience in engineering, sciences, or related field with thorough technical knowledge and leadership ability; preferred MS.
- Experience working on development of diagnostic devices under strict IVD design control processes, experimental design, versatile laboratory practice, data analysis, and data and concept presentation.
- Required BS or equivalent with 2-6 years related experience or MS with 2-3 years related experience or Ph.D. degree; preferred MS with 3+ years related experience.