Sr. UC Engineer
Milpitas, CA | Contract-to-Hire
Unified Communications Engineer requirements
Desired Skills and Traits
- Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels in the organization
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups
- Have the ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and flexibility while working on varyingly diverse projects and tasks
Technical Knowledge with Hands-on experience
- Must have Support Knowledge of Cisco Jabber either on-prem or Cloud Deployment.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- WebEx support,
- Knowledge of SME servers
- Cisco WebEx support
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of Cisco Call Manager and overall strong A/V experience
- Understanding of dynamic and static IP Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, PIM Multicast).
- Understanding of LAN, WLAN, MAN, and WAN circuits and protocols (TCP/IP, 802.11a/g/n, Access Lists, VLAN’ s, MPLS, DMVPN).
- Strong understanding of MGCP and H323 gateways
- Strong troubleshooting skills for voice protocols and debug traces
- Strong understanding of SIP, TDM, PRI and BRI protocols and interface types
- Monitoring Tools (Solarwinds, RTMT)
- Experience/knowledge of Polycom and Cisco video endpoints is a plus
- Supporting Town Hall/All Hands type events is a plus