Sr. System Engineer HPC
Irvine, CA | Contract-to-Hire
Senior Systems Engineer – High Performance Computing
Location: Silicon Valley
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer – High Performance Computing to be part of our client’ s team in San Jose. Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 7+ years of experience with Linux/Unix variants, especially RedHat/RHEL, and its derivatives
- 7+ years of experience supporting high performance clusters with Grid Engine experience (in any variant like LSF, OpenLava, RTDA)
- Compute GRID (LSF) design and architecture for high utilization, high uptime and fast performance.
- Metrics and Usage reporting to influence data driven forecast and subsequent procurement and deployment
- NAS storage (NetApp) franchise architecture to leverage centralized support model, alternate vendor strategy, clustering, usage, reporting, archiving Isilon clusters – evaluation, design and deployment
- Backup architecture and Design
- Thin-Client (Citrix, VNC and X-environment) Design, deployment and global support at the architecture layer.
- Hands-on experience installing EDA tools (cadence, synopsys, mentor)
- Ability to compile, package, install, and upgrade software as well as assist engineers with configuring job submission scripts and troubleshooting application issues
- Scripting experience (Perl, Python, bash)
- Automation/configuration management experience (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.)
- Experience with Exceed on demand\VNC\NX server
- Experience with BightCluster Management Software would be a plus