Sr. Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to be a part of our Client’ s team in Redwood City. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team of professionals who will have the opportunity to excel within a high-energy, small, focused team environment, maintain a strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward, and to make work fun and interesting.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Sr. Software Engineer
- Opportunities to grow and develop within Drug Safety.
- Competitive compensation and work-life balance.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, and dental benefits, paid sick time and 401k.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work on multiple projects to develop new product software.
- Design, code, test, and document software.
- Develop software for feasibility prototypes.
- Work closely with cross-functional groups, including Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering counterparts to define product requirements.
- Represent software development in product development teams.
- Ensure all product software is developed in accordance with the software development process, including requirements definition, architecture, design, implementation, debugging, and software testing.
- Be capable of owning and completing tasks with the time pressures typical of new product development
- Understands and adheres to the Quality Policy.
- The Senior Software Engineering position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’ s degree (B.S.) in CS/EE/BME or equivalent, and a minimum of 5 years of direct experience developing software for medical devices and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience as a technical team lead software architecture, best practices, coding standard, conduction code reviews, functional testing and taking overall responsibility for project completion
- Experience in software versioning and revision control (SVN)
- Proficiency in .Net, C#, VB.Net, C, C++, Visual C++, Python, Windows or Linux OS.
- Proven skills in .Net, C#, C/C++ programming and Object Oriented design, multi-task and multi-threading design concept.
- Experience in imaging processing related application.
- Understanding of networking, and digital imaging.
- Experience with windows application development and deployment.
- Strong technical documentation skills within a formal quality system (ISO 13485, IEC 62304, 21 CFR 820, FDA QSR’ s etc.)
- Direct experience with entire software development life cycle, from concept through maintenance.
- Experience working in medical device software development a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot and debug complex software applications.
- Experience as a key player developing software on a development team.
- Experience with real-time software programming and operating systems Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An interest in the medical applications and experience with surgical device and medical image processing software development.
- The ability to excel within a high-energy, small, focused team environment, maintain a strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward, and to make work fun and interesting.