Los Gatos, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Sr. Scientist to be part of our client’ s team in the South Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest biotech company and deliver better-targeted therapies.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of America’ s best companies to work for by Forbes.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Designs, plans and executes assigned research and/or development-related experiments/projects utilizing established and innovative procedures, and applying scientific knowledge and accumulated experience to complete projects.
- Contributes to the definition and timely achievement of overall project goals.
- Makes recommendations, and when appropriate, acts independently to resolve scientific problems encountered during experimental procedures to improve productivity of results.
- Ensures activities are consistent with project critical path, and responds appropriately to changing priorities.
- Accurately and consistently records experimental methods, materials and results in electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions and implements/documents process improvements.
- Integrates previous and current results to determine next experimental steps and the impact of long-range project goals.
- Presents findings at group or departmental meetings. Applies advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents.
- May assist in preparing summaries, memos, internal reports, presentations, manuscripts, etc.
- Serves as a resource to other departments (e.g., Manufacturing/Operations, Quality, Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Studies, and International Technical Services), provides timely response and follow-ups.
- Participates in the expeditious transfer of products and technologies by providing scientific knowledge and assistance.
- May or may not have supervisory responsibility; provides guidance to new team members and leads internal/external teams and builds professional relationships.
- Decisions impact project team(s) and/or broader organization.
- In appropriate decisions may have an impact, causing a delay in operations, a financial expense, or customer or user dissatisfactions.
- Work involves troubleshooting and resolving difficult problems in creative ways. Takes new perspective on existing solutions, exploring and implementing new concepts.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Master' s degree with 2+ years’ experience.
- Typically 5 years of relevant experience.