Sr. Revenue Accountant
Redwood City, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Sr. Revenue Accountant to be part of our client’ s team on the Peninsula. This is an opportunity to work with a rapidly growing company here in the bay area that specializes in treatment for patients with chronic pain.
The Sr. Revenue Accountant will be responsible for revenue recognition policies and procedures, lead the month-end and quarter-end processes related to revenue, test and implement revenue related SOX controls, and provide audit support.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Sr. Revenue Accountant
- Highly competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- Work for a rapidly growing company by leading improvements for automation and implementing new processes.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Ensure business transactions are in accordance with accounting principles.
- Complete general ledger reconciliations and follow-up on outstanding reconciling items.
- Compile presentation materials for internal management reporting.
- Maintain schedules for all contra revenue accounts and reconcile monthly.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of revenue accounting processes for Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Assist SOX internal control reviews relating to the revenue area.
- Act as a point of contact for all revenue related questions from internal business partners and provide appropriate guidance.
- Develop and maintain strong internal controls over revenue transactions and reporting.
- Support the audit team to ensure all information is provided in a timely and accurate manner during quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Prepare audit schedules to ensure all revenue related questions are effectively addressed.
- Maintain detailed rebate schedules and accrue on a monthly basis.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and support for general financial operations, as needed, to support business
- 5+ years’ experience in Revenue Accounting with BS/BA in accounting or equivalent degree.
- Must be able to apply accounting knowledge to day to day operations and assigned projects.
- Experience in practical application of GAAP revenue recognition guidance and SOX guidelines.
- Strong written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and ERP reporting system skills.