Sr. Electrical Engineer
Redwood City, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Sr. Electrical Engineer to be a part of our Client’ s team in Redwood City. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team of professionals who will have the opportunity to excel within a high-energy, small, focused team environment, maintain a strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward, and to make work fun and interesting.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Sr. Electrical Engineer
- Opportunities to grow and develop within Drug Safety.
- Competitive compensation and work-life balance.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, and dental benefits, paid sick time and 401k.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Define electrical specifications for products, ensuring the specifications align with overall product and system specifications.
- Conduct research and prototyping activities to assess the feasibility of new product designs and the ability to meet requirements.
- Responsible for the design of our next generation products.
- Participate in product design and development reviews and product phase reviews.
- Provide input for project schedules. Ensure assigned tasks are completed per project schedule.
- Supporting agency testing for UL, CE and other certifications.
- Ensure that electrical designs are successfully transferred to manufacturing by closely communicating with the manufacturing group and by paying attention to manufacturability during product design.
- Document the electrical design with released drawings and specifications, including component specifications.
- Develop manufacturing procedures, fixtures and test systems, ensuring suitability for production transfer.
- Bachelor’ s degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, and a minimum of 7 years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years in motor control strongly preferred.
- Experience leading the development of embedded analog/digital control systems and architectures.
- Experience developing complex board designs or high density packages.
- ARM processor
- Xilinx FPGA families
- PCB layout design tools
- Medical device experience required
- Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot and debug complex problems.
- Experience as a key player developing hardware on a development team.
- Experience designing complex electrical systems from concept through to production.
- Knowledge of appropriate practices for successful design of mixed signal printed circuit board designs including signal integrity grounding, EMC, and power distribution.
- Aptitude for electronics system architecture. Strong circuit and system level design capability.
- Substantial experience designing electronics at the circuit board level. Knowledge of DFM/DFT for printed circuit assemblies.
- FPGA design and/or microcontroller based design.
- Analog/mixed signal design.
- AC/DC power supply design.
- Motor control drivers and feedback systems.
- Image processing, video processing.
- Medical device background strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in real-time embedded control system design.