San Ramon, CA | Contract
6 months Contract
Client is seeking a Software Engineer to design, develop, implement, test, and maintain business and computer applications software or specialized utility programs including mainframe and client/server applications, and major enhancement of existing systems.
- Fine-tune and improve a variety of sophisticated software implementation projects.
- Gather and analyze system requirements, document specifications, and develop software solutions to meet client needs and data.
- Analyze and review enhancement requests and specifications
- *Implement system software and customize to client requirements
- Prepare the detailed software specifications and test plans
- Code new programs to clients specifications and create data for testing
- Modify existing programs to new standards and conduct unit testing of developed programs
- Create migration packages for system testing, user testing, and implementation
- Provide quality assurance reviews
- Perform post-implementation validation of software and resolve any bugs found during testing
- Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design *large systems software design and development experience
- Experience performing in-depth troubleshooting and unit testing with both new and legacy production systems
- Experience in programming and experience with problem diagnosis and resolution