Senior Systems Support Engineer
Pleasanton, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Systems Support Engineer to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Senior Systems Support Engineer
The Senior System Support Engineer will be part of the System Development team focusing on the development of a cutting edge next-generation sequencing (NGS) system for IVD assays and applications. The individual in this position will be part of a team responsible for the systems support activities of the Research, Development and Clinical Affairs group, more specifically the installation, maintenance, calibration and validation of laboratory instrumentations
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Working under general supervision, receiving general instructions; the individual in this position will install, maintain, calibrate and validate mature and in development instrumentation.
- Performs ancillary instrument support related tasks such as; conducting instrument operator maintenance training, documentation of instrument service, creation and/or revision of instrument parameter, and maintenance of instrument related tools, parts and consumables.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Gives practical support and assistance and provides helpful suggestions to others for development of systems support activities.
- Develops advanced ideas in area of expertise. Guides the development of these ideas into new concepts and processes.
- May lead or significantly contribute to project teams to solve complex business problems.
- Trains and coaches others and serves as Systems Support expert resource to senior management, peers, and staff.
- Knows and effectively uses the broad concepts of System and customer support.
- Solves a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity.
- Analyzes alternative approaches to creatively solve problems and/or develops new perspectives on existing solutions.
- Establishes, as appropriate, internal/cross-functional/customer relationships.
- May provide guidance and training to other employees.
- May serve as a knowledge resource to lower levels and to other areas.
- Plans and executes own work.
- 5 years in medical device industry, preferably " hands on" experience with medical instrument maintenance.
- Good understanding of sequencing and molecular diagnostics products.
- Applicable knowledge of Company products and instruments.
- Working knowledge of hand tools and electronic test equipment.
- Knowledge of Quality System Requirements (QSR), In Vitro Diagnostics Directive requirements (IVDD) and customer service concepts.
- Excellent inter-personal and customer relations skills.