Senior Systems Engineer
San Francisco, CA | Contract-to-Hire
Sr. System Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Industry: Financial Services
The Sr. System Engineer is responsible for effective installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure as well as leading projects.
- Maintain and support office infrastructure including network, servers, storage devices, workstations, laptops, mobile devices, and printers/scanners.
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all resources and responding to and troubleshooting issues as needed.
- Responsible for disaster recovery planning and documentation, enterprise equipment purchases, inventory management, and coordination of equipment recycling.
- In collaboration with the Managing Director of IT and the Vice President of IT, supervise the day to day tasks of other system engineers.
- Participate in an on-call rotation, responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends and occasional travel.
- Special projects as assigned by Director of IT.
- Four-year Bachelor’ s degree and 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 R2/2012, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013, Red Hat/CentOS Linux, Citrix XenApp
- Experience with virtualization technologies including VMware ESXi and Nutanix Converged Infrastructure
- Skilled in TCP/IP networking including Cisco IOS, Cisco Meraki, Palo Alto Firewall, Dell SecureWorks IPS/IDS
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Storage Area Networks including EMC VNXe SAN
- Experience with Mobile Device Management including MobileIron MDM
- Working knowledge of Veeam/Backup Exec
- MacOS/Home Networking
- Experience supporting the financial services sector
- Experience as project lead or management of other system engineers