Senior Systems Engineer - Windows/SQL Clustering Expert (San Mateo, CA)
San Mateo, CA | Contract-to-Hire
Senior Systems Engineer (Windows - SQL Clustering)
Location: San Mateo, CA
Duration: 6 month contract to hire
- Create, train and manage all necessary documentation including system standards, run-books, etc.
- Act as the owner of new and existing environments including planning upgrades, staying on top of EOL dates and documenting inter-dependencies.
- Commit to production support while managing projects and deliverables.
- Responsible for design, change configuration and deployment of Windows clusters supporting SQL always On, High-Availability and over distance.
- Design systems for High Availability (HA), Bulk Copy Program (BCP) and Disaster Recovery (DR) scenarios.
- Provide Troubleshooting and debugging support of the systems.
- Utilize your design skills to define Technical Design Specifications for complex and high impact projects.
- 6+ yrs. experience in supporting an enterprise class infrastructure
- Expert knowledge of Kerberos
- Advanced level experience using PowerShell and task automation
- Experience providing senior level support in an enterprise running SQL Server Always On Availability Groups and Failover Clustering