Senior Software QA Automation Engineer
Campbell, CA | Contract-to-Hire
Position: Lead QA Automation Engineer
Industry: Healthcare Technology
Location: Campbell CA
SUMMARY: Lead QA Automation Engineer.
As a Lead QA Automation Engineer you will provide the automation expertise to develop great products at our Silicon Valley based client. This role is an 80% Automation and 20% Manual role that will focus on the front end and backend testing.
A successful QA Automation Engineer will develop and execute automated testing suites. They will also lead QA efforts within a software development group and work closely with development teams and stakeholders performing QA activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Develop automation test plans/strategies and report on product performance, quality, security and stability
- In depth knowledge and experience in using Selenium and Protractor automation tools.
- Work with collaborative/cross-functional teams to understand project objectives, gather automation requirements, design automated tests, troubleshoot issues, and implement scalable test automation solutions
- Lead and mentor lesser experienced QA Automation Engineers and develop skills where appropriate.
- Work with Software Engineers, UX/UI, quality Engineers, Product Owners/Analysts to deliver high performing quality/purposeful and powerful customer experiences that are engaging and simple.
- Participate in automation script code reviews and provide guidance on automation best practices
- 3-5 years of experience in Object Oriented Programming such as Java/Groovy
- Comfortable working in a Unix/Linux Environment
- B.A. or B.S. in an Information Technology related subject such as computer science or engineering.
- 6 applicable years of industry experience in QA Automation as it relates to the job.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Automated testing of Mobile Applications (iOS)
- Strong experience using Selenium based test automation.
- 3-5 years of experience testing AngularJS with Protractor is required.
- Experience in some sort of healthcare product development is a huge plus
- Experience with Debugging tools.
- Experience in a CI environment. (Continuous Integration)