Senior SWAT Engineer
Walnut Creek, CA | Contract
Senior SWAT Engineer
Online Financial Services
Location: Silicon Valley
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior SWAT Engineer to be part of our client’ s team in Walnut Creek.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the best tech companies in Silicon Valley to work for.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understand, Verify and Validate customer-reported and impacting issues.
- ID, inspect and solve deep issues throughout our client’ s production environment based on metrics, monitors, tools, and other lenses into production operations.
- Solve difficult scaling/load-and-performance (L&P) issues by mimicking production traffic, measuring stress or breaking points. Drive a solution by taking initiative and with minimal supervision, and cooperatively working with other members of your SWAT team.
- Active member of performance tracking and triage team reacting to critical production alerts.
- Exceptional analytical, engineering, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in online payment processing platforms.
- Vast experience and demonstrated success in large scale, high performance, enterprise, e-commerce online transaction processing including cloud based APIs and protocols (SOAP, REST, JSON)
- 8 or more years’ experience in Java Development of other OOP languages.
- SQL and NoSQL databases such as: MSSQL, MYSQL; Cassandra
- Experience with version control GIT
- Passion for computer science disciplines
- Bachelor degree in either Computer Science, Engineering or a STEM related field
- Amazon or Azure Cloud Hosting Services