Senior Research Technician
South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Research Technician to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Senior Research Technician
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Perform sterile in vivo techniques, basic animal care and husbandry tasks, as well as administering test compounds, and collecting data.
- Focus on general laboratory managerial duties such as stocking and ordering supplies, maintaining lab cleanliness, and appropriately disposing of biohazardous and chemical waste.
Summary of Qualifications:
- AA, BA, or BS in Biology or other related field is ideal.
- AALAS certification preferred.
- Some computer experience is desired.
- Training for assigned duties will be provided.
- Excellent skills in communication, organization, attention to detail, flexibility and an eagerness to learn are required.
- Must work well independently and in a team setting.
- Must be willing to follow procedural instructions, work with potentially hazardous materials and be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing, lifting, bending, etc., for extended periods of time.
- Experience with in vivo research a plus.