Senior Research Scientist
Palo Alto, CA | Direct Hire
Position: Senior Research Scientist
Industry: Real-time Computing/Cloud
Location: Palo Alto CA
Data driven decision-making is paramount to the overall success of our client. As a Senior Research Scientist, you will be working with the industry’ s best and brightest minds and the latest in cutting edge technologies in areas such as performance marketing, real time computing, and more. You will have the exceptional opportunity to turn your ideas into highly popular products used by millions of users all over the world. To find success in this role you will need to have extensive experience in a quantitative field, working with very large data sets, and experience in Data-Driven decision making. Your contributions will have an impact on millions of end-users and give you the ability to leave your legacy in our world’ s future.
Our client, a highly progressive, and technology driven real time computing company offers an exceptional work environment with many startup-like perks as well as full Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance and many perks such as cell phone/gym reimbursement, and even an open reimbursement to apply to whatever you want. Discretionary bonus between 5% – 25% depending on a variety of factors. But mostly, (see summary) it’ s a really cool job.
Principal Duties and responsibilities including but not limited to.
- Cross functional colleague collaboration (Security, Marketing, Platform, and Product) regarding distinct challenges.
- Design and evaluate experiments to monitor key product metrics, understand root causes of changes in metrics
- Constructing models of end-user behavior to lead product roadmap
- Investigate new algorithms to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and for real-time anomaly/breakout detection
- Investigate and develop methods of guiding marketing strategies and for high velocity streaming data analysis
- Detect fraud, phishing, bots, DDoS and other attacks.
- Create experiments to find specific answers to targeted questions such as:
- Understanding end user behaviors, long term trends and ecosystems.
- ID’ ing levers to help move key metrics.
- Masters degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science specific to Data Mining, Machine Learning or Statistics combined with at least 3 years’ experience in the industry specific to those fields
- Portfolio of publications in top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals (or both)
- Absolute expertise of literature in any of the area’ s like time series analysis, classification, or clustering
- At least 5 years of experience with statistical model development and validation with real data
- At least 5 years of experience with R, Python, and Matlab
- At least a year of experience with Deep Learning
Algorithm development for breakout and/or anomaly detection.
- Open source contributions like R packages
- Mining of data streams and frameworks such as Spark streaming
- Superior Communication Skills. You will be an ambassador for our client.