Senior Interaction Designer
350 East Plumeria Drive San Jose, CA 95134 | Direct Hire
Senior Interaction Designer
Industry: IT | Hardware
Duration: Direct Hire | Full Time
Location: San Jose, CA
Bayside Solutions is an industry-leading provider of staff augmentation and consulting services. Since 2001, we’ ve built our company around a single concept – relationships. We focus on the people we serve. We’ re straightforward, consistent and 100% accountable. We deliver intelligent solutions that help our clients and candidates thrive.
About Our Client
Global leading tech company specializing in making the innovative hardware product. With a strong networking presence, our client pairs their long history of success with the power of the Internet.
The Senior Interaction Designer is a senior level position in the User Experience (UX) Design team. As members of the UX Design team, you will be a team member responsible for the interaction design, flows, wireframes, design thinking and thinking through and solving complex problems of the our user experience. Key part of the role is to continuously take existing user problems and pain points and translate them into simple and easy to understand experiences using most intuitive UI possible.
Here’ s why you’ re a great fit!
- You are able to serve as the liaison between design and development teams.
- You have the expertise to evaluate designs and on usability and influence, creating working prototypes of customized web applications.
- You have the ability to lead and facilitate design workshops, brainstorms, design exercises
- Interaction and Process Experience design is your bread and butter
- Works as a member or lead of a team, executing and assigning/reviewing tasks across a specific domain area.
- Partner closely with existing UX team members, design agency, Product Managers and Engineers.
- Create original designs for different products and environments, striving for a consistent user experience across all touch points
- Collaborate with others to evolve, grow and document design principles, design language and system style guide
- Create scenarios, wireframes, and mock-ups/prototypes in order to evaluate and communicate design thinking.
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking when creating design concepts
- Ensures design cohesion across multiple platforms
- Mentors junior members toward improved understanding of design process, domain, and improved capacity/efficiency
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for changes
- Bachelor' s degree or at least 8+ years of industry experience
- Solid experience designing compelling and quality UI visual design
- Up to date with the state of the art of UI design, new technologies and behavior trends
- Strong experience creating excellent UX and interaction design in a timely manner
- Excellent skills with industry-standard design software
- Solid experience reviewing work of other designers and providing constructive feedback
- Experience working within a tech environment
- Interest in emerging technologies in mobile, web, and other devices
- Familiarity with the agile software development process
- Knowledge of IOT, smart home and security services and software industries
- Competitive compensation and performance bonus package
- Amazing culture and management. Autonomy to go above and beyond your role.
- Offer competitive coverage program for medical, dental, and vision.
- 401(k) plan with up to 3% company match
- Substantial paid-time-off (3 weeks)
- Lots of growth opportunities and promotional advancement within the company
- Gym facility, free drinks, frequent employee lunches, and after hour beer bashes