Senior Director of Technology
Pleasanton, CA | Direct Hire
Senior Director of IT
As Senior Director of IT reporting to (either CIO or VP) this individual will be responsible for partnership with business and IT stakeholders for development and production operations of enterprise technology solutions. The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of business and technology acumen, big picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. S/he is a strong and innovative leader, with deep understanding of cloud technologies, enterprise integration platforms, and release management along with a proven ability to lead a distributed services organization to support a global business. The ideal candidate for this role will bring their strong expertise in cloud technology stack powering enterprise applications and workflow. This individual has built efficient business processes to improve end-user productivity and maintain appropriate controls to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). The selected candidate must be a hands-on leader, possess development and support expertise and strong client relationship management, promote a collaborative team culture, and ignite passion within the team for flawless execution.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Build, manage, set vision and grow small Applications team based on company strategic priorities and operational imperatives for Salesforce and Callidus
- Enterprise support leader for key lines of business, including Sales, Marketing &?
- Demonstrates proven intimate knowledge of and success in roles with assisting large employers on the performance improvement of their Sales, Service, Sales Compensation and Marketing organizations, emphasizing the following area:
- Understanding and solving business and technology challenges related to the implementation of CRM technologies, delivering Enterprise Social platforms, and designing and developing platform based applications that meet client business needs;
- Leveraging acumen to understand underlying client business problems, while developing and delivering Salesforce technology-enabled solutions that addresses the identified issues. This includes understanding the sales, service and marketing functions within the organization and how the technology will help streamline organizational needs
- Collaborate with business and technology partners to execute on strategic projects to enable clients aggressive growth trajectory
- Accountable for driving end-to-end process from project inception to steady state production support, through entire product lifecycle
- Performing capability gap analyses and other-related customer-facing capabilities;
- Developing customer centric operating models;
- Understanding customer trends in the B2B and B2C space, as well as across industries; and,
- Driving strategic change into client organization.
- Own documentation of new business processes, creation of new technical support documentation, and identification of technology and process gaps
- Own analysis, summary and presentation of operational strategies to broader organization, up to C-level executives
- Propagate technology and business domain knowledge to global support team in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Partner with R&D and IT development teams to drive the automation of manual/repetitive administrative tasks to improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Partner with Enterprise Security to define & enforce policies to meet the current and emerging enterprise org security requirements.
- Maintain and demonstrate 100% compliance with all security policies and Sarbanes-Oxley user and change management controls
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience in the software industry
- Expertise in Agile software development methodologies
- 10+ years of experience leading cross-functional technology teams to deliver or support scalable, high performance enterprise solutions
- 10+ years’ system selection and implementation experience with a variety of ERP, HRIS, and CRM systems. 5+ years’ experience with our core business-critical applications including Salesforce, Callidus, Force.com Applications, and others.
- 5+ years managing, mentoring, motivating and growing a mature and goal-driven technology team
- 3+ years’ experience working with an internal cloud-based IT organization, with strong preference for those who have led in an agile/scrum environment
- Strong background in organizational development and change management
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and experience supporting cloud, web and infrastructure solutions
- Strong knowledge of the technology ecosystem Sales and Marketing operations, including solutions used for price and quota management (CPQ), contracts, revenue management,
- Commission calculations, sales forecasting, lead management and channel marketing
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce and Callidus
- Deep experience in vendor management negotiations, with SaaS and On-Premise providers
- Excellent customer engagement and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively across all levels from individual contributors to C-level executives
- Superior knowledge of incident, problem, change management processes and tools
- Original thinker, with a continuous quest for process and technology innovation
- Proven ability to manage escalation and communications with Company-wide impact
- High-energy professional who thrives working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player with a customer-first focus and attitude
- Fluent in the appropriate tools and techniques for analyzing, reporting, forecasting and developing ‘ what if’ scenario of business operations.
- Bachelor’ s degree in a relevant business or technical discipline
- Think Strategically: Knows what it takes to gain the competitive advantage. Has the ability to see the forest through the trees in a dynamic environment. Can develop relevant, sustainable solutions. Aligns the right resources to the task at hand; foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Innovate for Growth: Always thinking about how to make improvements; not afraid to implement changes that map to business strategy. Stay abreast of cutting edge technology trends.
- Focus on Customer Success: Builds and maintains relationships with customers; shapes solutions that have significant positive impact on their business.
- Builds Trust and Credibility: Makes decisions based on organization’ s values. Actions are consistent with company’ s core values.
- Lead & Adapt to Change: Thrives in a changing, dynamic environment and can drive operational efficiencies that map to changing needs