Senior AWS Solutions Engineer
Walnut Creek, CA | Contract
ROLE: Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer
LOCATIONS: Walnut Creek, CA
Bayside Solutions is seeking an expert Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer. In this role you will work closely with the Microservices Product Engineers to design/implement/deploy high availability public cloud solutions.
You will be depended upon to plan and carry out technical tasks related to the implementation and maintenance of Amazon Web Services cloud application infrastructure. A successful member of this team will collaborate with IT leadership, several product and technology teams, as well as business stakeholders. You will be challenged with developing cloud solutions. These solutions will need to meet our client’ s operational goals; these goals include high availability, high performance, cost efficiency, security and stability.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
PRIMARY DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Contribute in planning the system design, as well as reviewing, and implementing working groups within the product engineering teams.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and set standards and designs by using a sustained catalog of services that can be utilized by multiple engineering teams.
- Outline infrastructure standard frameworks, blueprints and artifacts for several cloud services visible by the comprehensive Infrastructure teams.
- Lead transformational infrastructure project implementations guaranteeing engineers are able to develop technology solutions which will align with defined technologies and industry standards.
- Team up with engineers and other groups within infrastructure in an effort to execute technology product evaluations, POC’ s.
- Ensure that new designs and solutions adhere to monitoring, runbook, cost and operational requisites.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services operation, maintenance, implementation and design must be current and hands-on.
- Must be an expert with Linux systems (Redhat/CentOS). Certifications are highly preferred along with hands on experience
- Must have very strong experience in the following environments (High availability/high performance/multi-data center systems/hybrid cloud environments)
- S3, RDS, Redshift, EC2, ELB/ALB, IAM, SQS and Route53 are AWS technologies with which you must have strong hands on experience
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following scripting languages (Ruby, Python, PowerShell, Bash)
- Strong experience with one or more of the following orchestration technologies (AWS CloudFormation, VMware vRealize Automation, OpenStack, RedHat Cloudforms).
- Abililty to assess new technologies and tools; then be able to introduce those technologies to the rest of the team
- Based on an understanding of the organizational strategic directions, technology and business needs; Be able to create short/long-term cloud computing technology roadmaps
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
NICE TO HAVE:
- A Bachelors or Master’ s degree in a STEM related field.
- If a Master’ s degree; at least 5 years’ work experience
- If a Bachelor’ s degree at least 8 years’ work experience
- OR equivalent industry experience
- Any of the following certifications are highly preferred. (AWS Solutions Architect, Linux Redhat/CentOS and CompTIA or similar)