Scrum Master PM
380 Ellis St Bldg B Mountain View, CA, CA 94043 | Contract
Program Manager-Scrum Master
Location: Silicon Valley
Industry: Security Software
Summary: Enterprise Security Software Company in Silicon Valley is seeking a Program Manager – Scrum Master.
Here is why you are a fit
- You possess a Scrum Master Certification, Certified Scrum Professional is required
- You are a natural leader who thrives on organizing complex tasks and projects
- You are bold enough to ask for information when you need it.
- You know how to track progress and promote accountability.
- You work well with others and enjoy a fun, collaborative work environment.
- Motivate and coach team for continuous improvements towards consistent delivery of working software each Sprint
- Remove any impediments that would prevent the delivery team to achieve its Sprint goals
- Ability to coordinate with multiple Agile and non-Agile teams to deliver large initiatives
- Ability to support, provide assistance, and mentor other SMs and teams based on previous experiences
- Foster continuous improvement and self-organization in the team.
- Coordinate and drive the well prepared ceremonies, especially Retrospectives. Have a clear agenda and objectives and come out with action plan which are tracked and measured. Report out on all the improvements implemented and their outcomes to be shared across the organization.
- Work with Product Owner to develop, groom and prioritize the backlog; ensuring a healthy product backlog
- Collaborate between Product owners and the Development team.
- Maintain Sprint artifacts and metrics including: velocity/progress and team performance, issues and risks, and handle communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowing how to coordinate and drive all sprint ceremonies successfully to satisfy its main objectives are expected as basic expertise of the candidate. Release Planning, Daily Standups, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demo and Retrospectives
- More than 5-7 years of Program/Project management experience with more than 3-5 years of experience in managing Agile/Scrum teams as scrum master in a technical environment
- A solid understanding of Agile and Agile transformation with the right attitude and personality to continue to improve through coaching and teamwork
- Ability to work with and build new Agile teams as well as strengthen existing Agile teams
- Conversant in Lean, XP, Kanban, Continuous Integration and other Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, and team empowerment
- Demonstrated experience managing projects using both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Excellent project management skills to ensure that efforts track to delivery and that stakeholders are kept up to date on status and changes
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), MS Project and collaboration tools like Confluence and SharePoint.