Scientist II/Sr. Scientist
Pleasanton, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist II/Sr. Scientist to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest biotech company and deliver better-targeted therapies.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of America’ s best companies to work for by Forbes.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Scientist II/Sr. Scientist
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of responsibilities:
- The successful candidate should have a strong background in molecular biology, with hands-on experience designing, optimizing and validating NGS-based assays.
- IVD assay development experience is highly desirable.
- The successful candidate will perform stability studies and may manage individual projects by understanding the project and provide scientific/technical direction related to stability of reagents and systems.
- Accurately and consistently records all stability experimental data (experimental methods, materials and results) in electronic laboratory notebooks and design history files.
- Responsible for creating / revising and implementing standard operation procedures (SOPs), laboratory records and other related documentation.
- Prepares and/or reviews study protocols and final summaries/reports, performs analysis and interpretation of data with conclusions/presentations, and determines future experiments.
- Ensures testing is performed in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP) for all products and operates and maintains lab equipment as required by SOPs and testing procedures.
- May serve as primary contact for project(s) and ensures timely initiation and completion of all studies
- Responsible for initiating, investigating, resolving, and completing event records.
- Good interdepartmental communication skills and ability to interact effectively across groups within a fast-paced environment are required.
- Liaise closely with Quality department and other cross-functional departmental areas to close the events and corrective actions identified during stability testing and provides timely response and follow-ups.
- Attends project meetings, writes reports, and makes risk assessments on stability results. Presents findings or comprehensive project status reviews at internal/external seminars/meetings.
- Contributes/authors scientific publications/manuscripts and presents at conferences/ seminars.
- B.S. or M.S. in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related fields
- 5-7 years relevant industry experience, preferred 5 years and above.
- Direct knowledge and experience with stability studies is highly preferred.
- Sequencing experience is highly preferred.