Pleasanton, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist II to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest biotech company and deliver better-targeted therapies.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of America’ s best companies to work for by Forbes.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Execute standard molecular biology techniques, especially next generation sequencing library preparation, on clinical DNA samples.
- Follow protocols precisely, and with extreme care, as material derived from clinical samples is highly limited.
- Perform cell-free nucleic acids extraction from clinical plasma specimens, whole blood, and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue.
- Operate next generation sequencers.
- Perform basic analyses related to sequencing metrics and bioinformatics.
- Designs and executes assigned clinical/development laboratory experiments, utilizing established and innovative procedures.
- Resolves technical problems encountered during experimental procedures to improve results.
- Accurately and consistently records experimental methods, materials and results in electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Troubleshoots and resolves difficult problems in creative ways by taking a new perspective on existing solutions, exploring and implementing new concepts and methodologies.
- Presents findings at group or departmental meetings.
- May assist in preparing summaries, memos, internal reports, presentations, manuscripts, etc.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s degree in biological sciences with 2-6 year’ s relevant experience.
- Master degree 0-2 years preferred.
- Working knowledge of standard molecular biology techniques.
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology.
- Familiar with bioinformatics tools, sequence analysis algorithms and NCBI programs such as BLAST.
- Familiarity with nucleic acid extraction/purification technology.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite of programs, especially Word and Excel applications.
- Knowledge of statistics.
- Ability to work independently and able to work with cross-functional teams.
- Experience handling DNA, RNA and willing to work with clinical specimens such as blood products.
- Experience performing molecular biology techniques on many samples simultaneously.
- Experience in working various automated instruments and robots.
- Proficient with some statistical software (e.g. JMP, R) preferred.
- Excellent skills in Excel worksheet and Visual Basic for Application macro scripts.