Fremont, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist II to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Candidate will be part of a small team which develops and qualifies cell based assays for GMP lot release
- Candidate' s main duties will be to perform cell based bioassays to assess relative potency of large molecule biologics
- Cultivate mammalian cells, including routine maintenance such as media prep, myco and viral path testing, cell banking
- Perform real time documentation, and some data management, including data review and control charting
- Maintain laboratory equipment, restock laboratory supplies, place orders, and submit work orders and other routine tasks as needed
- Initiate and complete scientific experiments in a team environment
- Independently execute test methods
- Present analytical results in a clear manner
- Perform basic troubleshooting for technical problems
- Work in an efficient manner and complete assignments in a timely manner
- Bachelor’ s Degree in biology, chemistry or related science
- 2-4 years of experience running cell-based assays in the context of relative potency
- 2-4 years of experience running bioassays such as proliferation, viability, cytotoxicity, activation
- 2-4 years of experience with readouts such as luciferase, absorbance, fluorescence
- 1-2 years of experience running ELISAs
- 2-4 years of experience with mammalian cells
- Proficiency with analytical software such as SoftMax Pro and PLA
- Experience with analytical testing, and an understanding of GMP regulations in the context of testing
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize as needed to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent facilitation, organizational and problem solving skills
- A great attitude and a willingness to work hard with the team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)