South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist I to be part of our Client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with a local biotechnical company focusing on the discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialization of medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Assay Development group in the Bioanalytical Sciences department.
- The group is responsible for circulating biomarkers’ assay strategy, development and implementation in support of the cancer immunotherapy drug development pipeline.
- In addition, our group is also responsible for evaluation and development of novel technologies.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, optimizing, and validating immunoassays, as well as DNA-based and cell-based assays to support research and development biomarker projects.
- Following and writing assay protocols and technical reports, presenting data at cross-functional team meetings, and laboratory maintenance are required.
- Ph.D in Biochemistry, Cell and/or Molecular Biology, Cancer Biology, Immunology, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of specific laboratory experience in designing and executing bioanalytical immunoassay, molecular and/or cell biology experiments is a must.
- A track record in NGS assay development and data analysis is an advantage.
- A background in immunology and/or cancer biology is strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills as well as written and oral communication skills are essential.
- This individual should be able to work independently, as well as within teams, demonstrate initiative and creativity and be able to prioritize tasks.