Santa Clara, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking Scientist I to be part of our client’ s team in the South Bay. This is an opportunity to work with a great Biotechnology company committed to the development and commercialization of innovative new gene therapy treatments for people with serious rare diseases. Gene therapy technology has tremendous potential as a treatment approach for many genetic diseases.
Our Client’ s culture helps to influence your own career development. If you’ re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We are currently looking for a Scientist I who will develop, test and improve our sequencing platform.
- Collect data from our sequencers for characterization of various product development tasks.
- Analyze huge amounts of data and summarize results using existing/new analysis pipelines.
- Develop new quantitative methods, test and improve existing methods using Python and other programming languages.
- Perform hands-on experiments using the Sequencing Platform
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS/MS in computer science, physics, or life sciences.
- Experience working on novel sequencing platforms is a plus.
- Expertise in Python scientific stack (Numpy, Scipy)
- Scientific programming and algorithm development process
- Good understanding of statistical methods
- Ability to summarize and present complex data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in Linux/Cloud environment
- Experience with shell scripting, Matlab or R a big plus
- Basic wet laboratory skills
- Help define and perform assay development in a fast-paced environment