Santa Clara, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking Scientist I to be part of our client’ s team on the Peninsula. This is an opportunity to work with a great Biotechnology company committed to the development and commercialization of innovative new gene therapy treatments for people with serious rare diseases. Gene therapy technology has tremendous potential as a treatment approach for many genetic diseases.
Our Client’ s culture helps to influence your own career development. If you’ re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assist senior Lab personnel in generating sequencing data to support development of the new nanopore sequencing system.
- Requires hands-on experience with basic molecular biology techniques, including DNA isolation and purification, creation of buffer solutions, and running of agarose, SDS, and Urea gels.
- Experience with BioAnalyzer or Experion instruments a plus.
- Candidate should be comfortable working with prototype instrumentation.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or other related disciplines is required
- Outstanding opportunity for new graduate to learn and apply their background towards the release of a revolutionary new sequencing instrument.