Pleasanton, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist I to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest biotech company and deliver better-targeted therapies.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of America’ s best companies to work for by Forbes.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Manufactures oligonucleotides on DNA Synthesizers utilizing established and published procedures.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Manufactures oligonucleotides on DNA Synthesizers utilizing established and published procedures, and technical and theoretical understanding. Assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of oligo synthesis results. Maintains lab supplies and DNA Synthesizers.
- Summarizes experimental results, and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader.
- Works with oligo purification group to ensure smooth hand off of oligos from DNA Synthesis to Oligo Purification.
- Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas.
- Performs work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (e.g., OSHA).
- Processes incoming orders and interface with vendors for oligo orders. Processes and delivers outsourced oligo orders. Works with supervisor to prioritize and triage the orders for in-house manufacturing or for approved external oligo vendor.
- Assumes accountability for own lab notebook documentation and documentation of oligo orders made, ensuring synthesis records and results are recorded timely, accurately and consistently, and according to established formats
- Participates in routine lab maintenance, lab safety, ISO, and QSR implementation. Troubleshoots issues related to instrumentation.
- Sets up, maintains, and runs oligo synthesis instruments to make oligos according to standard protocols and current priorities. Oligos are to be made in an efficient, timely, and cost effective manner. Prioritize, schedule, and execute oligo syntheses to accommodate special RUSH or repeat orders. Batches the orders in the manufacturing process when there are infrequent orders such that there is a balance between manufacturing efficiency and reasonable turnaround times.
- Manufacturing Support: Helps maintain the lab/reagent supplies in the lab to ensure that there is no manufacturing downtime. Helps keep the lab and work areas clean and safe. Perform routine analyses (HPLC, LCMS, and/or UV spectral) on oligos on as needed basis. Assists others in the manufacturing lab as needed.
- Documentation: Responsible for ensuring capture of lab data from instrumentation in SDMS/electronic notebook in a timely manner. Compiles and prepares data for statistical, scientific analyses, reports, or for presentations.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biological/Life Sciences, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work-experience
- Minimum 0-3 years related experience
- Preferred 1-3 years related experience