Fremont, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist I to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility to execute experiments in support of cell culture bioreactor technology development and innovation.
- Execute experiments using various cell culture vessels such as shake flasks, Wave bioreactors and bench scale bioreactors in batch, fed-batch and perfusion modes. Monitor experiments utilizing analytical equipment such as Cedex cell counters, blood gas analyzers and others to evaluate mammalian cell culture performance.
- The position will also prepare solutions and media for mammalian cell culture as needed.
- Performs basic troubleshooting and problem solving to resolve technical challenges and/or problems
- Communicates own work orally and in writing, providing input to supervisor for internal reports, presentations, proposals or external publications
- BS with 1-2 years’ experience or MS graduate with 0-1 years’ experience in a life science or engineering fields
- Technical knowledge in cell culture, including hands on experience in aseptic techniques.
- Experience in bioreactor operation, media development or cell biology analysis tools such as flow cytometry is highly desirable.
- Works independently and has excellent multi-tasking capabilities
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Good written and oral communication skills, able to collaborate and work effectively in teams