Pleasanton, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist I/II to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest biotech company and deliver better-targeted therapies.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of America’ s best companies to work for by Forbes.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Manufactures oligonucleotides on DNA Synthesizers utilizing established and published procedures.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Facilitates the planning, implementation, and execution of panel production projects to meet requirements, in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, Quality, and Business standards.
- Supports daily operation of laboratory environment required for panel production workflows.
- Prepares schedules, resolves problems, establishes and monitors timelines.
- Assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of all assigned projects, tasks and related activities, and keeps supervisor informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas.
- Summarizes experimental results, and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader.
- Communicates results of experiments in the form of reports and presentations.
- Establishes as appropriate internal/cross-functional/customer relationships.
- Performs work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (e.g., OSHA).
- Maintains inventory of biological material and associated data in a validated environment.
- Assumes accountability for electronic records management and use of validated systems ensuring information is maintained in a timely manner, accurately and consistently, in accordance with established formats.
- Participates in routine lab maintenance, lab safety, ISO, and QSR implementation.
- May troubleshoot issues related to instrumentation.
- With guidance, analyzes and brainstorms alternative approaches to solve complex problems or develop new perspectives on existing solutions.
- Works independently and manages own work flow to accomplish assigned objectives in a laboratory environment, at times with materials at lower temperatures.
- Keeps informed of trends and developments in area of scientific responsibility.
- May act as a lead for assigned projects or team.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s degree in Biological Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2-6 years of related experience required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google applications a must.
- Understanding of Good Documentation Practices a must.
- Basic understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices preferred.