Pleasanton, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist I/II to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest biotech company and deliver better-targeted therapies.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of America’ s best companies to work for by Forbes.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Works under general supervision, to support / lead all aspects of Panel build and sample processing projects adhering to required standards to produce Test Panels and Sample Sets for use in Clinical Validation Studies.
- Supports the laboratories participation as a Clinical Testing Site through coordinating / performing Clinical Validation testing and the accurate completion and filing of all applicable documentation in compliance with Protocols, IRBs, Manuals of Operations, Test Instructions, and related Code of Federal Regulations and ICH guidelines.
- Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas.
- Performs work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (e.g., OSHA).
- Uses technical writing skills and Good Documentation Practices to complete project documentation and produce reports and documents.
- May troubleshoot issues related to instrumentation.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Preferred Master’ s degree
- 2 to 6 years of relevant industry experience, including experience in participating clinical research work within a laboratory.
- Preferred 4 to 8 years of relevant industry experience, including experience participating in IVD clinical research work within a laboratory.
- Experience documenting detailed Clinical Trial activities in Case Report Forms, Sample Accountability and Investigational Material Accountability Logs.