South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Technician to be part of our Client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biotechnology company focusing on the discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialization of medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Performing necropsies/Tissue Harvest on various species
- Performing anesthesia and euthanasia techniques
- Performing perfusion techniques
- Blood collections
- Freezing tissues
- Weighing tissues
- Laboratory equipment maintenance
- Ordering and stocking supplies
- Making reagents for the lab
- Quality control of work
- Database entries
- Wet tissue trimming
- Paraffin embedding of tissues for histology
- A BS degree in animal sciences or life sciences is required
- Must have prior experience with performing necropsies and/or working in a histology lab
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are required