South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to save patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Collecting and organizing chemical intermediates from a variety of sources.
- Entering chemical intermediates into an inventory database.
- Submission of samples and analysis of analytical data to assess purity.
- Weighing organic compounds for screening library purposes
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS or MS in Organic Chemistry ***MUST have chemistry (with preferred organic synthesis) experience.
- Precise record keeping, attentiveness to detail, organizational skills and familiarity with computer/database skills (including Excel, ISIS draw or Chemdraw).
- Must be willing to work with potentially hazardous materials, adhering to health and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience in organic chemistry with structural characterization is preferred, must be able to understand organic chemical structures and be able to correlate structures with basic analytical data (MS, NMR).
- Excellent skills in communication, flexibility, work drive and an eagerness to learn.