Research Associate II
South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to save patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Interest and expertise in immunology and antibody research to join the Antibody Engineering Department.
- The candidates will participate in the antibody discovery using state of the art technologies.
- She/he will be involved in primary cell culture, immune cells analysis, flow cytometry performance, HTP-screening and automation.
- The successful candidate must be scientifically driven and will perform well in handling various projects focusing on tissue culture, cell biology, high throughput screening (ELISA & FACS) and data analysis.
- Candidate might also involve with animal immunization model development and molecular cloning.
- Qualified candidates should have proven ability to execute and interpret variety of experiments while contributing to cross-disciplinary teams and solving problems rapidly.
- The person in this position will also frequently interact and communicate with other groups and collaborate with research teams to present the results in various forums.
Summary of Qualifications:
- A BS or MS in Immunology, Molecular biology, Biochemistry or related fields, with at least 3 years of hands-on experience in immunology or cell biology research from academic or biotech industry. Good at handling cells, tissue culture and cell-based assays. ELISA and FACS skills are required.
- Experience in automation and animal handling is desirable.
- Excellent optimization and troubleshooting abilities, keen attention to details, strong organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Be able to work effectively in a highly collaborative environment. The candidate is able to follow detailed verbal / written instruction. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and advance research in a highly collaborative environment.
- Good computer skills and analysis software skills such as Diva, CellQuest, and FlowJo.
- She/he must be self-motivated and meet timelines efficiently and productively.