Research Associate II
South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to save patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We seek a highly motivated, productive and creative contract scientific researcher to join OMNI-BD within Development Sciences.
- The candidate will play a key role in our endeavors in discovering new biomarkers to help in our pursuit of innovative treatments for neurodegenerative diseases.
- The successful candidate will join our dynamic team and work to identify and profile biomarkers in pre-clinical and clinical samples.
- He/she will be expected to design, execute and analyze experiments, as well as frequently interact and communicate with other groups as part of a diverse and multidisciplinary team.
- This is a hands-on laboratory position with abundant opportunity for collaboration with other researchers in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Applicants should have BS / MS in neuroscience, biochemistry or related fields and 3-6 years of relevant experience.
- Qualified candidates will have expertise working with animal tissues, click chemistry, cell culture, transfection, SDS-PAGE and immunoassays.
- Experience with fluorescent microscopy, adenoviruses and molecular biology are a plus.
- Critical thinking, scientific drive, organization skills and a passion to develop new therapeutics for unmet medical needs are required.
- Evidence of exploring mechanistic hypothesis through publications is desired.